Chocolate Cream Pie
- Two frozen 9-inch deep-dish pie shells
- 3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 cans (12 oz each) evaporated milk
- 10 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Cook the pie shells
In a large pan, stir sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, water, and evaporated milk over medium high heat until thickened and slightly bubbly.
Reduce heat; cook and stir for two more minutes.
Remove from heat and stir 2 cups of the mixture into the egg yolks
Return the egg-yolk mixture to the pan.
Stirring constantly, bring to a gentle boil.
Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
Cool slightly before pouring into the pie shells.
Let cool for another hour before refrigerating.